Thursday, July 19, 2007

Trippin'

Everyone few years it seems I do something really embarrassing. Since it takes a lot to truly embarrass me, this is saying something. There was the time that I fell into the fountains at the mall and got drenched in water while onlookers laughed. Then a time when I botched lines of a skit on stage in front of hundreds of teenagers and left the stage. It's been a while since I can remember being embarrassed. So I guess I was due.

Yesterday at work I attended an all day training on "Officer Saftey." There were about 40 some odd officers in attendance and I thought the class was very interesting. At the end, the instructor asked us all to complete a course evaluation sheet and drop it at the front of the classroom. The training had been held in a college lecture hall. You know the kind - The class had about 4 tiers on 4 different levels in decending fashion. I was sitting on the top level during the training. Well, anyway, I had already completed my evaluation during the last segment and was anxious to pick up my boys from school early. As I stood up, the first to do so of all the officers, and started walking down the steps, my boot caught on one of the steps wrong and I went sailing down the steps, twisting in air, and landed on my knees.

Thankfully, the only thing damaged was my pride.

1 comment:

Leslie A. said...

You know it funny how something so natural as "trippin'" can embarrass you. I tripped and almost did a cartwheel on a field shoot in June. I was so embarassed that I couldn't look any of my friends in the eye (and EVERYONE there was a co-worker friend of mine) and I had to go to the restroom because I teared up and just wanted to bawl my eyes out because I had tripped... Later I realized that I was PMSing BIG-TIME. PMS makes me emotional AND clumsy. I'm surprised that I don't trip like that once every month really!