Thursday, July 12, 2007

Random Kid Moment #1

I've decided to write about various kid moments from our household from time to time as they pop into my head. I've got two beautiful little boys who look a lot alike, yet could not be more different. They are full of funny happenings that I will share ~

Several weeks back Braylon (4) was singing at the top of his lungs, as is the norm at our house, and playing his little guitar. If this kid isn't talking, he's singing. That's just something we've learned to accept with him. Anyway, he was particularly loud and it was grating on his mommy's nerves, so I said in a loud voice, "Braylon, please sing quieter." Braylon looked at me in full sincerity and without missing a beat and replied, "But Mommmm, I'm just praising Jesus!"

Then there was the time that Blaine (1) and I left swimming lessons to go change in the bathroom a couple weeks ago. I changed him first, then changed myself. I let him flush the oversized handicapped toilet while I dressed so he could entertain himself. I was watching him closely and had to remind him not to touch the potty, just the handle. After I was done changing, I was digging for a key that had fallen to the bottom of my bag. After several minutes of looking, I located the key only to look up to find little Blaine up to his chest in the toliet, still flushing away and laughing.

Aren't kids something?

3 comments:

Anna said...

They are a blessing, that's for sure. And even in those moments of high stress, they manage to calm us.

So glad you started this blog. I'll be here frequently. Love you.

Granny "B" said...

I'm in line for Braylon's first music CD! He is sure to rival anything Elvis recorded and Blaine has recently discovered how a microphone works, too! Could it be the famous singing Hamilton Brothers in 2020???

mommyfranklin said...

Oh my! Braylon sounds a lot like Emily. There is always some kind of noise coming out of her mouth. All three of them have the ability to make us stop and think what's really important.

Glad your blogging! It'll be great to keep up with what's going on!