Friday, July 13, 2007

Love and Marriage

I attended my sister's wedding last weekend. It was a beautiful ceremony, simple yet elegant. My sister looked gorgeous, made me get a little weepy, which is uncharacteristic for me (Okay, okay truth is I'm a big softy, but just don't want you to know it). She had asked me to play my violin for the ceremony and I did so with joy ~ A fun time was had by all and the two families seemed very natural in merging with one another, despite never having met each other before.

All of this got me to thinking, I am so thankful that God graced me with a strong, Christian husband. Now, we could write a whole blog on Brandon's imperfections (and two blogs for mine, too, for that matter!), but there are things about him that I wouldn't trade for the world. Like his goofy sense of humor and his ability to bring out my silliness. Or his commitment to spiritual growth and daily Bible reading. Or how about the fact that his boys adore him and want to be just like him?

After 8 years of marriage, I feel like it's only just begun....

2 comments:

Leslie A. said...

Thank you, Becky. Not only for the nice comments that you made about me and 'my special day', but also for all you did to be a part in making it extra special. The music was absolutely beautiful and perfect to my ears! I'm also glad to give you an opportunity to reflect on how blessed you truly are (and you and everyone in our family truly is blessed abundantly!) I love you.
Leslie

mommyfranklin said...

I'm so excited for Leslie! Sounds like it was a great day.

I, too, feel so blessed to have married a great Christian guy. I wouldn't want to be on this adventure with anyone else!

:)