Friday, July 20, 2007

Granny, Here I Come!

I picked Blaine up from school yesterday and instead of going to pick up his "Bubba" from his school, I doubled back and headed towards my mother's house. Braylon was already at his Granny's because she had been keeping him after a doctor's appointment. I got distracted by the phone, so a few minutes down the road I was pleasantly surprised to hear, "Granny, here I come!" It's hard to convey the correct tone Blaine was using as he said this. Think in your head from your childhood days of playing Hide and Seek and saying, "Ready or not - Here I come!" Blaine repeated this several times and I just sat there, completely amazed that this kid knew that the road we were taking from downtown would lead to Granny's house. He's a smartie! (And a sweetie!)

No comments: