Sunday, May 31, 2009

Busy-ness

Feeling the pangs of stress, I recently evaluated all the activities that I do on a weekly basis. I took a long look at my busy-ness and realized that I was blocking out invaluable time that could be reinvested elsewhere due to plain 'ol busy-ness. Now, there was nothing I was involved in that was bad. I've once heard someone wise say that the devil works by giving us too many good things to do. I can echo that train of thought...I was doing everything - mediocrally, not finding the right balance of it all and feeling big stress in the in-betweens. Things I 'wanted' to do were shuffled to the back burner. Things I 'needed' to do were often left undone or hurried through. I don't want to live that way. Something had to go. Since I only do 'good' things, something 'good' had to go. I decided to give something up that was already a stressor for me...praise team at church. Kind of stunk, too, because I love being involved in the worship process.

I know that God has used me, is using me, and will use me more in the future to further His Kingdom. I could use this space to beat myself up over having to say no to a ministry I love, or I can just start preparing myself to have more time to invest into my family and my personal development. I am also excited to do the other things I'm already involved in better.

No comments: