Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's a Bug Eat Bug World

A true testament of Blaine's tender-heartedness:

Right before bed tonight I instructed the boys to go potty and head to their beds. Braylon went first and found a small, black bug next to the toilet. He scooped it up and put it on top of the toilet seat, then hopped off to bed. As I was helping Blaine stay focused in his bedtime tasks, we found the bug, where I proceeded to throw it in the potty. I was encouraging Blaine to go ahead and go to the bathroom, but he wasn't able to 'produce' while standing and looking at the bug. The minutes passed by and Blaine just stood there staring at the bug. I unfortunately pointed out that the bug had stopped moving, therefore, he must be about dead. (I said this so he'd hurry up and go, not to scar him for life.)

Blaine then sweetly asked, "Does that bug bite, Momma?" Looking back, a little white lie gently inserted here would have been better. But nooooo. Honest Momma answered, "Not that bug."

Blaine panicked. It was then a race to see if he could save the bug's life, but he couldn't quite pinch the bug in the water, and by then it had really stopped moving. I then announced that the bug was indeed, dead.

(Loud wailing)

(More LOUD WAILING)

(A flush following by MORE LOUD WAILING)

After several minutes of hysterical crying, Blaine made me promise to never, EVER flush a good bug again. The new stipulation is that we can only flush bugs that bite.

1 comment:

ThomasFamily4 said...

Thankfully girls are okay with flushing anything that moves.