Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hate the Game

....Not the Player

This evening we treated the boys to a trip to a cool park in town. The weather was B-E-A-utiful, so it was sort of a treat for us, too. After the park we hopped in the car to go to Texas Burger where they have burgers and ice cream. Brandon said, "Momma, the boys have been so good, I bet we could treat them to an ice cream." Knowing that Brandon had an ulterior motive for 'treating the boys' to ice cream, I just said, "We'll see." This was met with various, "Oh, pllleeeeaaase Mom???s" After I again said, "We'll just see," it got quiet in there. Then a sweet little 3 year old voice with all evidence of sincerity says, "Mom, you're pretty."

Ok, I realize the game being played here, but believe me, we all got ice cream tonight.

No comments: