Friday, March 14, 2008

Reading Books

Every night Braylon and I read 2 books before bedtime. He's been reading me a short, simple book and then I read him a longer one. I've been keeping the ones he reads me extremely easy so as not to overwhelm him. But man, did I underestimate him! Last night I let him pick out the book he would read to me. He picked an easy reader, but it was Level 2 instead of Level 1 (for anyone who knows what that means!). There were harder words in it like 'someone' and 'napkin' and things like that. That kid got nearly the entire book read with very little help from me! When he didn't know a word, he would sound it out just right and wouldn't give up on words very easily. He even laughed at the right spots, indicating he was understanding the material.

WOW! What a difference a couple months make in reading!!

No comments: