Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Banned from the Library

Ok, maybe not banned, but I'm sure we'll raise eyebrows when we go back...

Last night Blaine and I ventured to the branch library to get Braylon some easy reader books. Blaine had already been VERY clingy all evening - even more than usual. He was being a little naughty when we first got there by pulling books off the shelf and running them over to the book return slot just for fun. So I made him sit in the chair on the floor of the children's section. The wailing begins. As I quickly perused the easy reader section (after taking what seemed like forever to even FIND the easy reader books), the entire library listened to Blaine screaming at the top of his lungs. Consoling him from across the shelf wasn't cutting it... I had to hurry... I had time to pick out 6 books and my patience could take no more toddler screams and evil librarian stares.

I went over to pick him up, he nuzzled his head in my shoulder, and mumbled something about, "I just wanted you to hold me." Guess Blaine won that one...

No comments: