Saturday, October 3, 2009

Thankful

I was thinking this morning how thankful I am for this house. Probably not exactly for the reasons you might be thinking, although it is nice to have a space we can call our own. But really, the reason I am thankful today is that I look around and I see things that remind me of those who have helped us get to this point.

I think of the many people who literally moved us from one house to another - Cody, Alan, Mark, Ashlie, Jan, Dana, Byron, Jake, Clint, Conner to name a few. I see the lawn that first was mowed on the day we moved in by Clint. I remember that our first meal in our new home was provided by April. I think of the afternoon that Dana and I had an intervention in the kitchen as she helped me get rid of items I will never use. I see a wall decoration I got from Jan. I see how the living room is decorated and I think of how Amy helped me get it looking nice. I look at the painted wall in Braylon's room and think of Marcie, my mother and my mother in law who helped paint it. I see the surfboard that Mark supplied for Braylon's room. I open the kitchen pantry and see the super cool trashcan that Mark & Dana bought for a house warming gift to us. I see various decorations that Amy let me bum out of her storage closet. I rest on my comforter set that my friend Ashlie gave to me. I see a display kitchen dish that I recently painted with several of my girlfriends at the Pottery. I think of my parents babysitting so I could get things done around here. I think of the advice from my parents and in-laws along with unnameable help they have offered over the last 5 years of us getting to this point.

I hope I am not painting the picture that we are moochers. I hope we are not that. We are just so incredibly blessed with friends and family who are 'there' for us and we look FORWARD to being 'there' for them and others.

Yep, I'm so thankful for this house.

No comments: