Thursday, October 1, 2009

Busy Bee

I stayed home from work today to be with my sick boy. He was still throwing up last night until around 11:30 p.m. when I guess everything he had eaten for the day was sufficiently out of his system. We all got a good night's sleep after that and so far we haven't had any further episodes to speak of. Slowly integrating food in. I can tell he's weaker than usual, though, because all he wants to do is sit and watch movies. Not like him at all.

Meanwhile I've made the most of my day off. I've worked all morning on the boy's rooms unpacking the final few boxes that were lingering. You know, the stuff you don't really need but that you aren't really ready to let go of yet. Maybe I'm the only one like that. I have a hard time letting things go, even when I can't quite put a finger on what the item would really be good for later. Brandon is good to keep this in check for me, but I still struggle on some level with it. If it weren't for him, I would probably be one of those hoarders or 'collectors' that you read about with their stacks of Pringles cans to the ceiling and a maze of newspapers throughout the house. You never know....It could happen...

No comments: