Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome Back

"Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back."

I can't think of better words to use to say welcome back to Texas President Bush! The boys, Granny, Papaw and I went to welcome George W. back home in downtown Midland this afternoon. We waited in an obscenely long line and stood for hours to catch a glimpse at him, but I believe it was worth it. We also got to wave a few feet from his motorcade as it passed us closely as he was leaving town. Pretty cool day to be a Midland-ite. And I really don't care what anyone else says or what the polls say. I still support 'W' and all that he stood for. He hasn't been perfect, but he is a great teacher of the principle, "Doing what's right isn't always popular." I was happy to teach a small portion of that to my kids today by our presence there. Yep, welcome back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I had been there too!