Tuesday, January 6, 2009

God of This City

I couldn't help but to tear up this a.m. when I was driving Braylon to school today. He was sweetly singing along with the cd of the song "God of This City." Here are some of the words.

"You're the God of this city, You're the King of this people, You're the Lord of this nation. You're the Light in this darkness, You're the hope to the hopeless, You're the peace to the restless. There is no one like our God. Greater things have yet to come, Greater things are still to be done in this city."

To hear it sung from a 5 year old stirs my heart in a special way...Especially the part of greater things have yet to come. Makes me curious to know how/where God intends to use Braylon in His perfect plan. Whatever it is, I believe it will be good.

No comments: