Wednesday, April 9, 2008

In the Closet

Almost forgot this golden nugget moment:

Monday night a good friend was in town for just one day. I was not aware that Blaine did not feel well despite his bad mood. I thought perhaps he was just hungry. As we were rushing to get out the door, Blaine announced he did not want to go out to eat. I tried to twist his arm by reminding him we were going to one of his favorite places to eat. He wasn't budging. He announced to the household, "I will stay here in the closet!"

Then he proceeded to get into the coat closet, park his rear end on top of the vacuum cleaner head, pull the door mostly shut and fold his arms in a pitiful pout. Being the paranoid mother that I am, I had to ask at least 50 times, "Has anyone ever made you get into a closet???" He assured me at least 50 times, "No."

He didn't start crying until we actually left him in the closet. (Don't worry, I came back for him!!)

No comments: