Saturday, August 22, 2009

Stuff

My poor, neglected little blog. Ever since Facebook came into my life, you are second fiddle. Alas, here I am.

Here are a few tidbits since last blogging.

Yesterday at dinner I whispered, "I love you," into Blaine's ear. He quickly responded by saying, "Prove it." Now where did he get that, I ask? bahaha

Tonight while watching a movie Blaine asked if a certain few men were the bad guys. Daddy told him yes. Then as he's still watching he said, "I can't wait until I can kill those bad guys right there." Wow. That was scary. Of course we laughed and said that they didn't need killing.

Braylon is officially without his splint. The doctor wanted us to keep it on until Labor Day, but he was okay to let it be off a few days before that considering school starts on Monday. We bought a handy-dandy brace for him to wear for a couple weeks. We aren't quite yet comfortable to go with nothing just yet. The break was far worse than the doc first thought, thus the 10 weeks in a splint.

Brandon ended the summer semester with 3 As and 1 B. Pretty darn good for 3rd year medical school. I'm proud of him, so I had to share. 350 more days, not that I'm counting.

Work is going well. I've received many compliments for the 'higher ups' lately. Not sure I'm doing anything different, just doing it more visually in front of supervisors, I guess. Got to give a presentation at work and was asked to testify for a case that wasn't even really mine just as support for the case. Was told that my current 2-year position is mine for however long I want. Guess it's going well.

The house looks like a done deal. We will know 100% for sure next week. Please pray we will go where God sends us (right now, that's just across town).

And finally, school starts Monday. We met Braylon's teacher and she seems like she will be good. Blaine's teacher is the same one that Braylon had 2 years ago, so we are happy about that.

Yep. All things are shaping up pretty good around here. No complaints!

No comments: