Monday, June 9, 2008

Out of the Mouth of a 2 Yr Old

You know, 2 year olds are just plain funny. Maybe it's my simplistic sense of humor coming out or it's just the wacky, odd-ball things that my kids say. Anyway, here's a few cute tid-bits from this weekend, spoken in complete toddler seriousness:

I was very sick on Friday with a stomach bug. Brandon kept them away from home as long as possible, but near the boy's bedtime they all came home. I complained to Blaine that I didn't feel good at all and he said: "It's ok Momma. It's not that sad. I take care of you, I promise. I promise I won't leave you......I'll be right back." I had to chuckle, but true to his word, he came back shortly and loved on me a while. Sweet boy!

I was dressing Blaine in a bright yellow shirt: "Momma, you dressing me like a banana today?"

I was brushing Blaine's teeth while he was staring closely at my face. After a moment of observational silence he said: "Momma, you have hair in your nose!"

1 comment:

Anna said...

Man, kids really do say it like it is. Gotta love that. Abe told me my breath stunk at church last week. That was great. :)