Monday, June 2, 2008

B-Ballin' Blaine

Anyone who knows Brandon well knows his love for basketball. You may know that as a kid/teenager, Brandon would play in his front drive-way for hours every day, no matter the weather. You might know that anytime we go to a game place, Brandon parks himself in front of the basketball shooting game for the entire time we're there and often uses far more coins than the kids under the notion of, "I'm getting tickets for the boys..."

Well, Blaine has inherited 'the bug.' We ate at Mr. Gatti's pizza last night. I had a pocketful of Gattiland coins in my pocket that had come out of his allowance can. I'll be dog-gonned if that kid didn't use up the whole pocketful minus two coins on the mini-basketball hoop game. And let me say this: He's not a bad shot given that he's 2 years old! Brandon is impressed by his natural jump shot. Blaine's personal best in the 30 second game was 16 points. Remember, this was on his own. No one helped him on that round. I just stood there, jaw open, amazed.

No comments: