Monday, August 15, 2011

VBS

This year I had the privilege of helping to organize and write the curriculum for the VBS at our church. We did a modification of a children's musical, adapted into a drama. Then I crafted Bible stories that were relevant to the drama and theme, leading up to and including the gospel story.

I've always been drawn to VBS. There have been several years in the past where I took off from work for the entire week so that I could serve in this capacity. There is such a contagious excitement that reels me in like a bug to a night light. This year was no exception. Loved it. Every minute. From the first thought of planning to the last decoration taken down. And the coolest part? God brought 4 new kiddos into the fold through professions of faith. Wooohooo!!

Say what you will about current trends pulling away from VBS in the local church. As long as I have the physical ability and the people to help, I'll serve though VBS.

No comments: