Monday, November 30, 2009

Boo Hooooo

I must admit I'm pretty bummed out today. I believe I am a very optimistic person, but one can take only so much at a time.

Shall I explain?

This is crunch time for Brandon, probably more so than ever before considering this is his last full semester of classroom work and the finals are grueling, full-on practicals. At least it feels like there is more pressure. We have to treat Daddy like he's invisible during such periods of time because he simply has to study around the clock. Soooo, we've also been having trouble with our water heater for about 2 weeks. We got a new one on 11/17/09 and assumed our water heater troubles were behind us. That is, until we drove in from being out town on Friday night and discovered...No hot water. We had to wait until this a.m. to call the plumber because it was a holiday weekend and no plumbers work holiday weekends, I suppose. Because of that, the plumber is too busy to come until at earliest tomorrow. All of that to say - I came home from a baby shower tonight to find Braylon's bedroom floor completely BUCKLED from water damage. After looking closer, I realize that the leak starts in both boy's closets, just worse in Braylon's room. This cannot be happening. No, no, no!! I reject it from being in existence. No water leak. No slab leak. No, no, no!!

There, ok, now I've had my pity-party-temper-fit. I'm feeling slightly better. But only slightly, I'm afraid. I'm envisioning my floor being ripped up and the concrete being drilled into.

I know this too shall pass, eventually. At least I had procrastinated in decorating the boys rooms too much. And we have 25 days until Christmas, enough time to make them homemade gifts out of shoestring and leftover concrete tidbits.

1 comment:

tlhp259 said...

I hope your week goes better. We feel your pain of home ownership:) We always say when it rains it pours (it is scary how true that is). Let us know how things turn out!