Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Updates

We have been in the new house for 11 days. During that time we have started the process of getting settled in. You know, all the usual fun of getting things connected, finding the perfect spot for all your stuff, etc. I'm happy to say that we are about 85% moved in. Not bad, I'd say. The biggest time sucker is that we have to go through every box and determine if it's is 1) keep and find a place, 2) keep and store, or 3) garage sale/toss. I feel like we're on one big episode of Clean Sweep. Anyway, working full time and being active at church slow me down from getting everything done already, but I'm not disappointed with the progress that has been made so far. We are down to just a few boxes left to go through. I imagine by the weekend we will be done altogether, or very close. I'm ready to just 'live' and not be organizing. If you really know me, you know that is not a favorite activity, for sure!

The boys are doing well. Braylon LOVES his new room and personal space. Blaine, not so much. I think he would have preferred to continue sharing a room with his big brother, but alas, he is learning to like it, too.

That's about all I have for today. I promise now that we are getting settled to blog a little more often.

No comments: