Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today Blaine celebrates the big 0-4! We took little ice creams and cookies to his school so he could celebrate with his school friends. Tonight we will treat to him to his choice of restaurants - Carinos. Go figure. I'm not complaining - I'd rather have Carinos than most places, but didn't think my 4 year old would share my taste in food this early. We were going to throw a party this week for him, but with all the house and moving stuff going on, he agreed to let us post-pone his party until after the move and then we will do a big backyard event later in the month. Thank goodness he's a flexible kiddo!

I think back on the last 4 years and am thankful for a healthy, vibrant boy that he is and the little man that he is becoming. He is compassionate and loving, but sometimes zany and humorous. Blaine has a way of saying things in a sincere way that just 'stick it to you' like few others can get away with. This a.m. for example I was singing various versions of Happy Birthday to him on the way to school. He listened for a long time, but when I got to my Mariah Carey version, he matter of factly said, "That's getting on my nerves, Momma." Then he said, "Now that I'm 4, could you please call me Blaine instead of Lainey?"

Yep, he's a sweetie and I'm so thankful to get the honor of being his mommy. Looking forward to the growing years to come!!

1 comment:

Leslie A. said...

When I talked to the birthday boy today, he was smooth. I asked him about where he was going to eat, answered and then told me that he had ice cream and cookies at school. He then said he was going to a new school and I asked him if he liked it. He said "yes, I like the classrooms." I asked him if he liked his teacher and he responded with "Yes and I love you too. Good-bye." And that was the end of that! Very conversational for a just-turned 4-year old! Practically all grown...