Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I have an answer in response to the great song-writer who wrote the inspiring words to the ditty, "The Holky Polky." You're no doubt wondering where THIS is going...Stay with me here.

"You put your right hand in, you put your right hand out, you put your right hand in and you shake it all about. You do the holky polky and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about."

In my head, when I think of Easter, I hear the last line of that song. "Easter. That's what it's all about." (Make sure you're singing it your head for added effect.)

Today at church was a great, up-front reminder to me of something that is always on the forefront of my mind - The resurrection of Jesus. You see, I believe that it wasn't so much that Jesus existed, that He performed miracles, or even that He died on the cross. It's that there isn't a physical body in the tomb anymore and no one can explain that away...No bribe was able to cover it up and no group of nay-sayers able to find a good conspiracy theory that would stick. Jesus was who He claimed He was and like my pastor pointed out, that requires a radical response on my part. If I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and became a living sacrifice, I have to believe that the resurrection was for my benefit, along with all else who believe in Him.

I hope you all had similar experiences this Easter. I hope you were reminded of the great love of God and the great sacrifice that was made. I hope you refreshed your commitment to serve Him with your life.

And that's what it's all about.

No comments: