Wednesday, September 24, 2008

All My Fault

Last night Braylon was using some 'stall' tactics near bedtime. Nothing new, really. Truth be told, I didn't prioritize reading books to him like 1) usual and 2) we're supposed to for school. I was going to just skip a night and not worry too much about it. Well after Braylon's bedtime I got him headed in the right direction. Here's how that conversation went.

Braylon: "Mom, you need to read me some books."
Me: "Not tonight, It's late."
Braylon: "But if I don't read my teacher will get mad."
Me: "It's ok for one night."
Braylon: "No really, Mom, we have to read."
Me: "No really, it's time for bed."
Braylon: "Ok, but if the teacher asks I'm telling her it's your fault."

And I'm sure he would have, too. Brandon saved the day and read a couple short books after Braylon tucked in.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Don't you just love the conversations? I have several with my boys. Thankfully, most of them are funny.