Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wizard of Oz

One of my favorite movies of all times remains "The Wizard of Oz." As an adult I look at the outdated special effects and props, but I still vividly remember the magic I felt the first time I watched it and then repeatedly as a child. My favorite part was (and remains) when Dorothy lands in Oz and discovers she's not in Kansas anymore.

Today I was able to introduce that 'magic' to Braylon. I was worried he's too young, but I'll tell you what - The movie held his attention the entire time and he didn't fidget at all during the picture. He was engrossed.

Guess what it says that the beginning of the movie rings true the same in 2008 as it did in 1939 - To the young at heart this film is dedicated. Glad I'm still 'young at heart'.

2 comments:

mommyfranklin said...

Definitely one of my all-time faves too! Anytime mom and dad lost me in a department store s a kid, they could always find me watching Wizard of Oz on the TV displays.

BeckyG said...

"We welcome you to munchkin land. La la la la la laa... La la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaa."